Specialization Requirements for Certification in Social Science (Grades 6-12) - - Academic Class.
(1) Plan One. A bachelor's or higher degree with a major in social science, social studies, history, political science, geography, philosophy, sociology, economics, or psychology.
(2) Plan Two. A bachelor's or higher degree with thirty (30) semester hours in social science or social studies to include:
(a) Six (6) semester hours in United States history,
(b) Courses in the areas specified below:
1. Western civilization or European history,
2. Asian, African, Latin American, or Middle Eastern history,
4. United States federal government,
5. Geography, and
6. Sociology or psychology.
Rulemaking Authority 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. Law Implemented 1001.02, 1012.54, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. History–New 7-1-03, Amended 10-27-20.