Specialization Requirements for Certification in Dance (Grades K-12)--Academic Class.
(1) Plan One. A bachelor's or higher degree with an undergraduate or graduate major in dance or dance education, or
(2) Plan Two. A bachelor's or higher degree with thirty (30) semester hours in dance to include the areas specified below:
(a) Credit in studio techniques to include:
2. Modern dance; and
3. Either jazz dance, folk dance, ethnic dance, character dance, tap dance, square dance, or musical theater dance.
(b) Credit in creative studio studies to include:
1. Dance composition or choreography;
2. Performance or repertory;
3. Dance production or stagecraft; and
4. Rhythmic analysis or music for dance.
(c) Credit in biomechanical analysis of movement or kinesiology; and
(d) Credit in history of dance or theory and philosophy of dance.
Specific Authority 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. Law Implemented 1001.02, 1012.54, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. History–New 11-10-92, Amended 7-17-00.