Skip to Content
Administrative Rules
Skip Navigation


Specialization Requirements for Certification in Music (Grades K-12)--Academic Class.

(1) Plan One. A bachelor's or higher degree with an undergraduate or graduate major in music, or

(2) Plan Two. A bachelor's or higher degree with thirty (30) semester hours in music to include the areas specified below:

(a) Credit in applied music at the upper-division level,

(b) Credit in music theory,

(c) Credit in conducting,

(d) Credit in survey of music history,

(e) Credit in group performance such as band, orchestra, or chorus.

Specific Authority 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. Law Implemented 1001.02, 1012.54, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. History–New 7-1-90, Amended 7-17-00.