B.E.S.T Mathematics Resources
B.E.S.T. Mathematics Course Descriptions
Course Descriptions for the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) for Mathematics can be found on CPALMS.
B.E.S.T. Mathematics Transition Guide for Mathematics
The B.E.S.T. Transition Guide for Mathematics provides educators with an overview of major changes in mathematical concepts within the courses incorporating the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.).
Instructional Guides (B1G-M)
The B.E.S.T. Instructional Guides for Mathematics (B1G-M) assist educators with planning for student learning and instruction aligned to Florida’s B.E.S.T. Standards for Mathematics. Please note that the instructional guides will continue to undergo edits as necessary.
- Instructional Guidance for Transition to the New B.E.S.T. Standards for Mathematics (PDF)
- B.E.S.T. Instructional Guide for Mathematics Components (PDF)
- Elementary Grades Mathematics B1G-M
- Middle Grades Mathematics B1G-M
- High School Mathematics B1G-M
B.E.S.T. Mathematics Courses Information
Below you can find documents that provide information regarding the standards benchmarks and how they may relate within the B.E.S.T. Mathematics courses.
- B.E.S.T. Mathematics Fluency (PDF)
- Accelerated versus Regular Courses (PDF)
- Comparison of 9-12 Benchmarks Across Courses (PDF)
B.E.S.T. Standards Progression
Below you can find documents that provide information for the intentional progression of the standards by grade band (K-5, 6-8 and 9-12) and by strand. These are intended to provide mathematics educators with an overview of the standards progression of the B.E.S.T. Standards for Mathematics.
- B.E.S.T. Standards Progression by Grade Band
- B.E.S.T. Standards Progression by Strand