End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
EOC assessments are computer-based, criterion-referenced assessments that measure the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards, Florida Standards, or the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) for specific courses, as outlined in their course descriptions.
All students completing Algebra 1 or Geometry courses in 2022-23 and beyond will take the B.E.S.T. EOC assessment. The Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) Algebra 1 EOC Retake will continue to administered until students for whom it is their graduation requirement have completed four years of high school. The FSA Geometry EOC Assessment was administered for the final time in fall 2022.
The science and social studies NGSSS EOC assessments (Biology 1, Civics, and U.S. History) will continue to be administered for students completing applicable courses.
About the Assessments
- FAST Mathematics and B.E.S.T. EOCs Test Design Summary and Blueprint (PDF)
- NGSSS Test Design Summary (PDF)
- 2022-23 B.E.S.T. EOC Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2022-23 NGSSS End-of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF)
- B.E.S.T. Standards Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
- NGSSS Achievement Levels (PDF)
- NGSSS Achievement Level Descriptions
- The Florida Statewide Assessments Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator provided in the Test Delivery System is available for student practice.
What's on the Assessments
To learn more about the content of the EOC assessments, individuals may review the standards for the subject area (B.E.S.T., NGSSS or Florida Standards) and the description of the course for which the EOC assessment is required. EOC assessments measure student achievement of Florida's academic standards as outlined in course descriptions. The standards and course descriptions specify the expectations for student learning in Florida and provide the basis for the content that will be measured on each Florida EOC assessment.
- Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- NGSSS and FSA Test Item Specifications
- Understanding Florida Statewide Assessment Reports, 2022 (PDF)
- Interactive Assessment Results: Know Your Data Advanced Reports
- Reporting Category Results
- FSA and NGSSS Results: Guidance for Districts and Schools on Data Analysis (PDF)