Statewide Science Assessment
The Statewide Science Assessment measures student achievement of the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in science. Students in grades 5 and 8 participate in the statewide science assessment. Achievement Levels for Science were established in 2012 through a standard setting process.
About the Assessment
What's on the Assessment
To learn more about the content of the statewide science assessment, individuals may review the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards and the Test Item Specifications. The Standards specify the expectations for student learning in Florida, and the Test Item Specifications describe how the test questions (or items) on the assessments will measure student achievement of these Standards.
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Statewide Science Assessment Test Item Specifications, Grade 5 (PDF)
- Statewide Science Assessment Test Item Specifications, Grade 8 (PDF)
- Understanding Florida Statewide Assessment Results, 2021 (PDF)
- NGSSS Achievement Levels (PDF)
- Achievement Level Descriptions
- Grade 5 Science (PDF)
- Grade 8 Science (PDF)
- Interactive Reporting
- Reporting Category Results
- FSA and NGSSS Results: Guidance for Districts and Schools on Data Analysis (PDF)