Beginning with the 2022–23 school year, Florida’s statewide, standardized assessments in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics will be aligned with the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.). The Florida Assessment of Student Thinking (FAST), which includes VPK through grade 10 Reading and VPK through grade 8 Mathematics assessments, will be administered as a progress monitoring assessment, which students will participate in three times per year. B.E.S.T. assessments that are not part of the FAST progress monitoring program include grades 4–10 Writing and end-of-course (EOC) assessments in Algebra 1 and Geometry.
The Office of Assessment is working to provide resources for the B.E.S.T. assessments and will post them below as they become available.
B.E.S.T. Assessment Resources
- 2023-24 B.E.S.T. EOC Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2023-24 B.E.S.T. Writing Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Test Design Summary and Blueprint: FAST English Language Arts (PDF)
- Test Design Summary and Blueprint: FAST Mathematics and B.E.S.T. EOCs (PDF)
- B.E.S.T. Standards Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
- The Florida Statewide Assessments Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator provided in the Test Delivery System is available for student practice.
- FAST Portal: The portal provides resources for students, parents, educators, test administrators, school assessment coordinators, district assessment coordinators, and technology coordinators.
- 2023–24 FAST Grades 3–10 ELA Reading and Grades 3–8 Mathematics Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2023–24 FAST Kindergarten–Grade 2 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Memo: Accommodations for Students with Disabilities on Progress Monitoring Assessments During the 2022-2023 School Year (PDF)
- FAST VPK Assessment Information
- B.E.S.T. Writing Rubrics
- FAST Kindergarten Readiness
- Understanding FAST Grades 3–10 ELA Reading and Grades 3–8 Mathematics and B.E.S.T. Algebra 1 and Geometry EOC Reports for Families (2022–2023) (PDF)
- Interactive Assessment Results: Know Your Data Advanced Reports
- Reporting Category Results
- FSA and NGSSS Results: Guidance for Districts and Schools on Data Analysis (PDF)