Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Pathways Expansion Grant
We understand the increased demand on our students. Career Dual Enrollment allows students to earn their high school diploma, complete a technical program, obtain an industry credential or license, and earn high school credit all while in high school.
In partnership with Florida’s public-school districts and Florida College System institutions, the Department of Education (Department) is assisting school districts in the expansion of dual enrollment pathways that lead to credentials of value, including career certificates, industry certifications, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Science degrees.
Funds directed to school districts will be in support of the expansion of career dual enrollment opportunities and must include collaboration with one or more partner postsecondary institutions from the district postsecondary technical colleges, Florida College System institutions, or State University System institutions. Emphasis should be placed on serving underserved and economically disadvantaged students and communities, creating career dual enrollment options in information technology related disciplines.
For the purposes of this grant, expansion refers to increasing the capacity of existing career dual enrollment pathways or the establishment of new career dual enrollment pathways.
Request for Application
- Request for Application (Word)
- Excel Workbook with Budget Narrative 101S (Excel)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF)
- Best Practices Panel FAQ (PDF)
- December 6, 2021 - FDOE released the Request Application
- December 9, 2021
- December 17, 2021 - Part One of the RFA documents Due in OGM ShareFile
- January 19, 2022
- February 1, 2022
- March 1, 2022 - Part Two of the RFA – Narrative and Excel Workbook Final Deadline to submit in FDOE – OGM ShareFile TAPS#22B112.
Project amendments may be proposed by the Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Pathways project recipient or by the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) program manager. Amendments will be approved only if the approval procedures described by the FDOE are followed. The “Green Book” is the FDOE’s official guide for the Project Amendment procedures. Refer to the Quick Reference Amendment Chart found in the Green Book Section B - Project Amendments Procedures on page B-4.
Grant Reporting Requirements and Templates
See the following resources for reporting.
- Biannual Reporting Technical Assistance Webinar Recording
- Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Pathways Biannual Reporting Presentation (PDF)
- Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Pathways Biannual Reporting Template (Excel)
- Annual Reporting Technical Assistance Webinar Recording
- Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Annual Reporting Presentation (PDF)
- Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Annual Reporting Template (Excel)
- Get There Faster Career Dual Enrollment Annual Reporting Data Standards Document (PDF)
Questions regarding the grant can be directed to CareerDualEnrollment@fldoe.org.