CAP Grant (Workforce Development Capitalization Incentive Grant)
The Workforce Development Capitalization Incentive Program was created in s. 1011.801, F.S. Its purpose is to provide grants to school districts and Florida College System institutions to fund some or all of the costs associated with the creation or expansion of career and technical education workforce development programs that serve lead to industry certifications included on the CAPE Industry Certification Funding List.
All programs funded must serve secondary students and be aligned with an industry certification on the 2023-24 CAPE Industry Certification Funding List.
Step 1: Concept Proposal Submission
The Department of Education is accepting concept proposals from eligible agencies for this grant program.
- Cap Grant Funding Opportunity Memo (PDF)
Concept Proposal Documents
Submission and Review Periods
*Additional review periods will be held on a monthly basis, as needed until all funds are obligated.
All submissions must include two documents in a single mail:
- Concept proposal document in Word format; and
- Transmission of a letter from the agency head or authorized representative.
All concept proposal submissions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist in processing the proposals, when submitting, the subject line for the submission should use the following format:
- Concept Proposal Submission - [Agency Name] [9-12 Program]
- Concept Proposal Submission - [Agency Name] [Career Dual Enrollment]
Agencies must not transmit their proposal in multiple emails (e.g., concept proposal in one email and submission letter in a second email). Proposals submitted in the proper format will be reviewed first. If an error is made in an email transmission, contact the Division for technical assistance via email@example.com.
Step 2: Request for Application
Upon selection of proposals for a full application, the Department will release a Request for Application to facilitate the issuance of a grant award. More information will be posted here after the first review period.
- 2023-24 CAPE Industry Certification Funding List
- Eligible Program List (Excel)
- List of Programs linked to Semiconductor Industry Occupations (Excel)
- Employment Projection Resources
Questions regarding the program may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Application Form
- DOE 100A (Word)
- Projected Equipment Purchase Form (Word)
- General Terms, Assurances and Conditions for Participation in Federal and State Program
- Project Amendment Forms
- Project Disbursement Forms
- Green Book (Project Application & Amendment Procedures for Federal and State Programs)
- Red Book (Financial & Program Cost Accounting & Reporting)
- Accounting Manual (Florida College System Accounting Manual)
- Reference Guide for State Expenditures (PDF) (Florida Department of Financial Services)