Skip to Content
Skip Navigation

Military Extensions to Certificates

Educator Certification offers the following opportunities for active duty military personnel and their spouses to request extensions to valid Florida Educator Certificates:

  • An educator with a valid Temporary or Professional Certificate who volunteers or is called into service for the U.S. Armed Forces or reserve unit, whether in wartime or peacetime, may request a military extension to their certificate for the period of time equal to the time spent in service.
  • A certified educator who is the spouse of an active duty military service member of the U.S. Armed Forces or reserve unit may request a 2-year military extension to their Temporary Certificate to complete the necessary requirements for upgrade to the Professional Certificate. As a certified educator, the spouse must already have demonstrated mastery of general knowledge to be issued this extension.