Military Veterans Certification Pathway
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida issues a 5-year Temporary Certificate for military veterans who have not earned a bachelor’s degree and meet all of the following preliminary requirements:
- Minimum of 48 months of active duty military service with an honorable/medical discharge on DD214.
- Minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 grade point average on an official transcript.
- Passing score on a Florida subject area examination for bachelor’s level subjects (except Exceptional Student Education K–12) which demonstrates mastery of subject area knowledge.
Applicants who meet the preliminary requirements will be issued a Statement of Eligibility with the following final requirements:
- Employment in a Florida school district with an assigned mentor.
- Cleared background screening.
- Before applying for this pathway, complete a waiver request for the Military Certification Fees Waiver (MCFW).
- Complete the online application for the Temporary Military Veterans Certificate: https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/login.do