New CandidateThe state-funded fee subsidy was eliminated by the Florida Legislature during the fall 2008 legislative session. Unfortunately, the federal subsidy previously provided by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) was discontinued. Candidates may still pursue NBPTS certification, but at their own expense.
Each of the following steps must be completed to apply for NBPTS certification:
- Visit the NBPTS website, www.nbpts.org.
- Pay the $65 application processing fee.
- Complete the NBPTS online application.
- Work directly with NBPTS to verify eligibility for participation in the certification program.
- Discuss with NBPTS options for its "self-payer" program.