New Candidate Eligibility
To be eligible to participate in The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification program, a teacher must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree;
- Have completed three full years of teaching/counseling experience;
- Possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time;
- Complete the NBPTS online application and pay online the portion of application fee, parts of which are non-refundable; and
- Adhere to all school district, Department of Education and NBPTS requirements, procedures and deadlines.