Eligibility & Policy Comparison
For Florida DHETP Candidates
Hold a bachelor’s degree
Have completed three full years of teaching/counseling experience.
Possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time, or, if teaching where a license is not required, have taught in school recognized and approved to operate by the state.
- Portions of the three years may have been acquired under Florida’s temporary certificate but applicant must have a regular professional teaching certificate in hand at the time of application.
- Guidance Counselors must have had a professional teaching certificate in guidance for the full three years of required experience.
- Only full-time Florida public school teachers may apply.
Part-time/Substitute Teaching or Counseling allowed and calculated cumulatively for the required three years of work experience.
- Part-time or substitute teachers/counselors are not eligible to participate in DHETP.
- Full-time teachers may use a cumulative calculation of part-time work experience to meet the three years of required teaching experience.