Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Prescreened External Organizations List
In accordance with Title IV, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) provides a list of prescreened external organizations, as described under section 4203(a)(11), for the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) program. By collecting, screening, and publishing a list of external organizations that have expressed interest, the potential for partnerships with current and future 21st CCLC programs is more easily realized.
According to ESEA, the term “external organization” can be defined as:
- a non-profit organization with a record of success in running or working with before and afterschool (or summer recess) programs and activities; or
- in the case of a community where there is no such organization, a non-profit organization in the community that enters into a written agreement or partnership with an organization described in subparagraph (A) to receive mentoring and guidance in running or working with before and afterschool (or summer recess) programs and activities (ESEA, Section 4201(b)(4)).
The FDOE 21st CCLC prescreened external organizations list does not comprehensively cover all external organizations in the state of Florida. The list, released annually in September, is developed from organizations that voluntarily submit an External Organization Profile Form by August 1st each year. The Prescreened External Organizations List (PDF) is released annually in September.
- The FDOE does not endorse, represent, or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, services, or other materials provided by these educational service providers.
- Any reliance upon any information, content, materials, products, services, or vendors included on or found through this listing shall be at the user’s sole risk.
- The Prescreened External Organizations List will not constitute the FDOE endorsement or approval of the quality of programs and services offered by the external organization.
- No funding is directly associated with this profile process. The FDOE does not guarantee any amount of work given to any provider listed on the external organization list.
For non-profit organizations located in the state of Florida, operating or delivering services to out-of-school time programs or activities, interested in submitting an external organization profile, click on the following link between July 1 and August 1 each year to complete the form – External Organization Profile Form.
- All information submitted on the External Organization Profile Form by an external organization is considered public information.
- The FDOE reserves the right to omit an external organization from the Prescreened External Organizations List for failure of the organization to meet the ESEA definition of an external organization.