Student Support Services
Student Support Services exists to develop and promote the implementation of a statewide system of comprehensive, multi-tiered supports for all students across Florida. The four disciplines of student services (school psychology, school nursing, school social work, school counseling) utilize their expertise to promote safe and healthy school environments and support the social, behavioral, academic, physical and resilience of all students so they are engaged and successful learners. The learning supports provided by student services professionals reduce a wide array of barriers to learning that arise across the student population. Teams of student services professionals, coordinating learning supports in collaboration with each other, parents, community representatives and other educators using data-based planning and problem solving, are best able to provide integrated supports to increase student engagement for highest student achievement.
Florida Specific Youth Survey
The Florida Department of Education will administer a Florida-specific youth survey in 2023. The Florida-specific youth survey will align to the required instruction for Health Education including Resiliency Education, Civic and Character Education, and Life Skills Education, which will inform enhanced alignment of services, support, and instruction to better meet the needs of our students.
- Florida Department of Education issued a memo (PDF) to solicit workgroup members
- Workgroup is created and meets to develop the survey and process for administering the survey
- Workgroup continues meeting to develop the survey and process for administering the survey
- Survey testing and refinement
- Finalization of survey items and administration process
- Survey administered to Florida students throughout the state
- Survey results compiled and analyzed
- Survey results published by the Florida Department of Education