Statutes, Rules & Code of Federal Regulation
The following statutes contain important provisions for Registered Apprenticeship and Preapprenticeship:
- Section 446.011 Legislative intent regarding apprenticeship training.
- Section 446.021 Definitions of terms used in ss. 446.011-446.092.
- Section 446.032 General duties of the department for apprenticeship training.
- Section 446.041 Duties of the department.
- Section 446.045 State Apprenticeship Advisory Council.
- Section 446.051 Related instruction for apprentices.
- Section 446.052 Preapprenticeship program.
- Section 446.061 Expenditures.
- Section 446.071 Apprenticeship sponsors.
- Section 446.075 Federal and state cooperation.
- Section 446.081 Limitation.
The Florida Statutes can be accessed at the following web link: http://leg.state.fl.us
The State Board of Education has adopted rules for Registered Apprenticeship and Preapprenticeship implementation.
- Rule 6A-23.002 Definitions.
- Rule 6A-23.003 Eligibility and Procedure for Apprenticeship Program Registration.
- Rule 6A-23.004 Standards of Apprenticeship.
- Rule 6A-23.005 Apprenticeship Agreement.
- Rule 6A-23.006 Deregistration of Department Registered Program.
- Rule 6A-23.008 Complaints.
- Rule 6A-23.009 Reinstatement of Program Registration.
- Rule 6A-23.010 Preapprenticeship Programs.
- Rule 6A-23.011 Program Performance Standards.
The latest version of these rules can be accessed at Florida Department of State’s web site for the Florida Administrative Code: https://flrules.org.
Code of Federal Regulation
The following Codes of Federal Regulation are applicable to Registered Apprenticeship:
- 29 CFR 29, Subpart A: Labor Standards for the Registration of Apprenticeship Programs.
- 29 CFR 30: Equal Employment Opportunity in Apprenticeship.
- 41 CFR 60-3: Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures.
The latest version of these rules can be accessed at the U.S. Government Publishing Office: https://www.govinfo.gov/.