Retired First Responders
Welcome to the Retired First Responder Certification Fee Waiver
This new legislative provision introduces the opportunity for retired first responder personnel to request a waiver of registration fees for initial attempts on examinations required for Educator Certification and/or application fees for the initial evaluation of eligibility for certification.
Upon determination of eligibility, a Retired First Responder Certification Fee Waiver (RFRCFW) remains valid for five years. An educator may submit a waiver request according to current eligibility requirements for a new five-year validity period.
Complete the three steps below to submit an initial Educator Certification application using the RFRCFW.
- Create Account and Complete Online Application
- Once you arrive at the Quick Start Menu, you will need to select Bureau of Educator Certification when asked “What are you applying for?”
- Next, you will select from the options in the Choose Application drop-down menu. Click the “Select” button to begin your application.
- Upon completing the application, you will receive your DOE file number which you will need to enter on your fee waiver form.
- Do NOT submit payment with your application.
- Complete the Retired First Responder Certification Fee Waiver Form (PDF)
- Be sure to add your DOE file number from your completed online application.
- Choose one form of retirement documentation from the list below to submit with your form:
- Retired ID card or badge - Front and Back
- Pension Statement information:
- Full Name
- Name of place of employment
- Certificate of retirement information:
- Full Name
- Signed by an administrator
- Email the form and a copy of the appropriate documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official electronic transcript from the college/university registrar’s office to email@example.com.
- DOE will not accept transcripts emailed from applicants