Apply to College
Open-door access and affordability are integral aspects of the Florida College System.
Florida's 28 colleges are open to everyone and offer GED training, adult basic education, as well as certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree programs. Certificate and degree programs offered at the colleges range from automotive service technology to nursing to the Associate in Arts degree, which guarantees transfer to one of Florida's 12 state universities or a Florida College System institution. Many colleges are now offering bachelor's degrees in high demand fields such as Nursing, Technology, and Education.
There are numerous resources available to assist students in decisions related to college admissions, including:
- Career planning
- Distance learning programs and courses
- Florida College System Institution Websites
- Florida Virtual Campus
- 1007.263 - Florida College System institutions; admissions of students
- 1007.264 - Persons with disabilities; admission to postsecondary educational institutions; substitute requirements; rule and regulations
- 6A-10.0315 - Common Placement Testing and Instruction
- 6A-10.041 - Substitution for requirements for Eligible Disabled Students at Florida Colleges and Postsecondary Career Centers