Skip to Content
Commission for Independent Education
Skip Navigation

Student Concerns

Public Elementary or High Schools - Contact the Division of Public Schools

Nonpublic Elementary or High Schools - Contact the Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice

Public Colleges - Contact the Florida College System

Public Universities - Contact the State University System of Florida

Public Vocational-Technical Schools - Contact Career and Adult Education

Nonpublic Postsecondary Institutions - Follow the instructions below

To voice a concern against a nonpublic postsecondary institution in Florida, please write a letter or send an e-mail containing the following information:

  1. Name of Student (or individual wishing to voice their concern)
  2. Address of Student (or individual wishing to voice their concern)
  3. Phone Number
  4. Name of Institution
  5. Location of the Institution (City)
  6. Dates of Attendance
  7. A full description of the problem and any other documentation that will support your claim such as enrollment agreements, correspondence, etc.
  8. The process of the Commission involves contacting the institution to obtain their response to your concern.  If you do not want the Commission to contact the institution you are attending, you must state so in your documentation; however, doing so will greatly hinder the Commission’s ability to assist you with your concern.
Send Letter To:
Commission for Independent Education 325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL. 32399-0400
Or E-mail:
Or Fax: 850-245-3238

Note: Documents received in this office are considered public record. Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. This office cannot give legal advice to any individual or take any legal action on behalf of any individual. We will investigate your concern to see what assistance, if any, we may be able to offer.