The mission of the Office of Articulation is to facilitate the effective and efficient progression and transfer of students through Florida’s K-20 education system. Through the work of the Articulation Coordinating Committee (ACC), a K-20 advisory body appointed by the Commissioner of Education, our office coordinates ways to help students move easily from institution to institution and from one level of education to the next.
Articulation from K12 to Colleges
It is possible for students to earn college credits before high school graduation. Here are some of the acceleration programs available to secondary students in Florida:
Students who earn required scores on nationally and internationally recognized assessments may receive college credit for their demonstrated mastery in these college-level subject areas. Students may transfer up to 45 credit hours based on their credit-by-examination scores.
Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows Florida's secondary students, including home education students and students with disabilities, to take postsecondary classes to earn credit toward a high school diploma, and a career certificate, an industry certification, or an associate or baccalaureate degree at a Florida public or eligible private institution.
- Additional Guidance on Common Placement Tests for Dual Enrollment Eligibility (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Dual Enrollment (PDF)
- General Education Core Course Options List Required for Associate in Arts or Baccalaureate Degrees
College Classes for High School Credit:
April 21, 2021, Rule Development Workshop, State Board of Education Rule 6.0575, F.A.C.
The 2020-2021 Clock Hour Dual Enrollment Course List is in Draft until approved by the State Board of Education.
Additional Dual Enrollment Resources:
- Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement Online Submission Site
- Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreements
- Career Dual Enrollment with District Career and Technical Centers:
Articulation from Colleges to Universities
Students in Florida have access to the following resources associated with postsecondary work at public colleges and universities.
- Statewide Postsecondary Articulation Manual (PDF)
- Common Program Prerequisites
- Student Hub for Educational Services, Florida Shines
- Articulation Agreements with Private Colleges and Universities
- Florida College System Home Page
- Florida’s Board of Governors, State Universities Home Page
- Florida’s Commission for Independent Education
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)
- Florida College System Institution to Career Center Crosswalk (PDF)
Articulation Reports, Resources and Publications
- Fair Consumer Practices for Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida
- Florida Course Code Directory (PreK-12 Course Numbers)
- Florida Counseling for Future Education Handbook (PDF)
- Florida Statewide Course Numbering System (Postsecondary Course Numbers)
- High School Feedback Report
- Performance on Common Placement Tests
- Tuition Waiver for Classroom Teachers (Rule 6A-14.0542, F.A.C.) (PDF)
325 West Gaines Street, Room 701
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400