Cooperative Education Training Forms
On-the-Job Training Forms
Each district may differ in the format of the documents, but each document suggested helps in the documentation process. Each district has local policies that determine which forms should be used and retained for documentation. These forms are samples that can be redesigned and/or used as appropriate for the district or program.
Several documents are required, as stated in the curriculum frameworks, these include:
- Timecard: monthly documentation of the student work hours and the official audit record for the school.
- Required components: Student name, employer contact information, lists the wages, hours, days, and weekly/monthly totals for the job. Signed and dated by student, employer and teacher. Must be kept by the school district for five (5) years.
- Timecard sample files
- Training Agreement: This contract designates the general expectations of the student/employee, and the responsibilities of the school, the cooperative education teacher/coordinator, and the employer. A copy is filed with the school, a copy is kept by the employer at the training site, and the parent may receive a copy.
- Required components: Student contact information, employer contact information, general responsibilities of employer, teacher/coordinator, parent/guardian, and student. Signed and dated by employer, teacher/coordinator, parent/guardian, and student. Must be kept on file for three (3) years.
- Training Agreement sample files
- Training Plan: list of the student's job description with specific and general tasks
- Required components: student name, employer contact information, instructional objectives, signed by the student, teacher and employer. Must be kept on file for three (3) years.
- Training Plan sample files
- Employer Evaluation Form: Evaluation and feedback of student’s work progress
- Required components: Student name, employer contact information, skills and tasks for evaluation. Must be kept on file for three (3) years.
- Evaluation Form sample files
Schools may collect OJT timecards with electronic signatures. Please refer to the guide on electronic signatures for information and documentation.
- Guidance for Districts on Electronic Timecard Signatures for Cooperative Education OJT (PDF)
- Cooperative Education OJT Electronic Signature Verification Form (Word)
The following forms are not required, but may be helpful to supporting processes within cooperative education programs:
- Child Labor Law Quiz (RTF)
- OJT Audit Check List (RTF)
- Teacher Site Visit Record
- Child Labor Law Hazardous Occupation Form (RTF)
- Employment Contact Form (RTF)