Charter School Appeal Commission (CSAC) Members
In accordance with section 1002.33(6)(f)1., Florida Statutes, the CSAC is established to assist the Commissioner of Education and the State Board of Education with a fair and impartial review of appeals by applicants whose charter applications have been denied, whose charter contracts have not been reviewed, or whose charter contracts have been terminated by their sponsors.
The CSAC Members are appointed by the Commissioner. One-half of the members represent currently operating charter schools, and one-half of the members represent sponsors (school districts). The Commissioner or designee is the chair of the CSAC.
- Lois Tepper, FLDOE Assistant General Counsel
Charter School Representatives
- Cynthia Aversa, Principal, Indian River Charter High School
- Osvaldo Garcia, Principal, Passport School, Inc.
- Richard Moreno, Executive Director, Charter School Services Corporation
- Jesse Jackson, Superintendent, Lake Wales Charter Schools
- Jenna Hodgens, Supervisor of Charter Schools, Hillsborough County School District
- Tiffanie Pauline, Assistant Superintendent, Miami-Dade County Public School District
- Kia Sweeney Scott, Senior Director, School Choice Services, Orange County Public Schools
- John-Anthony Boggess, Assistant Superintendent, Division of Choice and Innovation, School District of Palm Beach County