Charter School Program Grant
The Federal Charter Schools Program Grant (CSP) allows Florida to drive system-wide improvements to one of the most significant charter school landscapes of any state. Florida utilizes the CSP to reform the very building blocks of the Charter School space and ensure that all students, regardless of income or ZIP code, have access to a high-quality public school. As such Florida’s CSP grant program serves as the core component in the fulfillment of the Florida State Board of Education’s Strategic Plan, which calls for heightened “access to high-quality Charter Schools” to improve academic achievement.
- Planning & Implementation: The Florida Department of Education administers the Charter Schools Program (CSP) Planning and Implementation grant through a request for proposals (RFP) process each year. The general purpose of this grant is to provide financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools and to expand the number of high quality charter schools in Florida.
- 2023 RFP for the Public Charter Schools Program Grant for Planning and Implementation
- 2022 RFP for the Public Charter Schools Program Grant for Planning and Implementation
- 2021 RFP for the Public Charter Schools Program Grant for Planning and Implementation
- 2020 Public Charter Schools Program (CSP) Grant for Remote Learning and Access Due to COVID-19