Bureau of School Improvement
Bureau of School Improvement (BSI) Mission
The Bureau of School Improvement (BSI) serves as a partner in supporting improved outcomes for all students through strategic problem solving, capacity building, and the implementation of sustainable systems in the areas of:
- Transformational Leadership
- Standards-based Planning, Instruction, and Learning
- Positive Culture and Environment
Bureau of School Improvement Vision
We serve districts and schools as collaborative partners to support continuous improvement and improved outcomes for all students by:
- Providing monitoring and support to low performing schools
- Building positive relationships, effective communication, and a growth mindset among all stakeholders
- Supporting an equitable learning environment focused on improving student outcomes and closing the achievement gap
- Coaching for standards-aligned learning and evidence-based interventions
- Utilizing various data for purposeful planning and problem solving
Bureau of School Improvement Goal
If we implement our Bureau of School Improvement mission and vision with fidelity, then 70% of School Improvement (SI) schools will increase their school grade in 2020.
Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS)
The Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS) was developed by BSI to provide districts and schools with an online platform to support school improvement. The system includes:
- School-based data visualizations for needs assessment and goal development
- School-wide improvement plans
- UniSIG grant 1003(a)
- Registration for BSI-hosted professional development opportunities
- Resources, tools, and guidance to support continuous improvement
All districts and schools in Florida are welcome to use CIMS. Specific requirements and timelines for schools and districts in School Improvement, as well as a wealth of additional information may be found in the FAQ and Toolkit.
For public access to current and prior year plans in CIMS that are published for specific districts and schools, please visit https://www.floridacims.org.