Florida Statutes & Rule
The following statutes contain important provisions of the Florida Career and Professional Education Act (CAPE Act).
- Section 1003.4203 - Digital materials, CAPE Digital Tool certificates, and technical assistance
- Section 1003.491 – Florida Career and Professional Education Act
- Section 1003.492 – Industry-certified career education programs
- Section 1003.493 – Career and professional academies and career-themed courses
- Section 1003.4935 - Middle grades career and professional academy courses and career-themed courses
- Section 1008.44 – CAPE Industry Certification Funding List and CAPE Postsecondary Industry Certification Funding List
- Section 1011.62(1)(o) – Calculation of additional full-time equivalent membership based on successful completion of a career-themed course pursuant to ss. 1003.491, 1003.492, and 1003.493, or courses with embedded CAPE industry certifications or CAPE Digital Tool certificates, and issuance of industry certification identified on the CAPE Industry Certification Funding List pursuant to rules adopted by the State Board of Education or CAPE Digital Tool certificates pursuant to s. 1003.4203.
The Florida Statutes can be accessed at the following web link: http://leg.state.fl.us
The State Board of Education has an adopted rule for the implementation of the CAPE Act.
- Rule 6A-6.0576 - Industry Certification Process
- The latest version of this rule can be accessed at Florida Department of State’s web site for the Florida Administrative Code: https://flrules.org.
- Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, House Bill 1507 requires the adoption of a single CAPE Industry Certification Funding List. Rules 6A-6.0573 and 6A-6.5074 have been repealed.