Skip to Content
Inspector General
Skip Navigation

File a Complaint

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts many different types of investigations involving allegations of employee misconduct, fraud, waste, or abuse affecting the Florida Department of Education (FDOE). These investigations may include allegations of fraud involving contractors and venders doing business with FDOE or private schools participating in scholarship programs.

The OIG often receives complaints from teachers and other employees from local school districts concerning discrimination, retaliation, or other local employment issues. Generally, the local school board or the school district’s superintendent’s office investigates these types of complaints. Additionally, discrimination complaints may be filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Additional information about the EEOC may be found at Complaints concerning retaliation may be filed with the Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR). Additional information about the FCHR may be found at

There are however, certain conditions, which may allow the OIG to conduct investigations within school districts, community colleges, or the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind. If the Commissioner of Education determines that a district school board, the board of trustees for the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind, or a community college board of trustees is unwilling or unable to address substantiated allegations made by any person relating to waste, fraud, or financial mismanagement within those entities, the OIG shall conduct, coordinate, or request investigations into such substantiated allegations (see Section 1001.20, Florida Statutes).

Allegations of misconduct involving Florida certified teachers are investigated by the FDOE Bureau of Professional Practices Services (PPS). 

If you are aware of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, or employee misconduct involving FDOE, please complete and submit the online complaint form to the OIG for review, email your complaint to, or call us at 850-245-0403.

Complaint Form