Application Server Group (ASG)
The Application Server Group (ASG) maintains application specific Windows 2008, Windows 2010 and UNIX servers deployed by the department. At present, the supported environment consists of database, application and web servers serving nine sections: Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED), Education Data Center (EDC), Professional Practices Services (PPS), Food & Nutrition Management (FNM), Florida Education and Training Placement Information Program (FETPIP), Workforce Development Information System (WDIS), DOE Web Server (INFO), Tracking Application System (TAPS), Migrant Student Tracking, Corrtrack, and the Bureau of Educators Certification (BEC). The largest of these systems is the Bureau of Educators Certification (BEC).
The Application Server Group supports these servers by:
- Ensuring that the servers are operational and accessible by clients
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and attached devices
- Taking preventative measures to prevent server-side and connectivity issues
- Routine monitoring for optimum performance
- Providing regular file system backups
- Providing disaster recovery services, including server rebuilds
- Notifying key personnel in advance of server down time and coordinating such times when possible.
- Providing ordering and specification guidance