Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) Grant Program
The purpose of the EANS program is to provide services and assistance to eligible private schools to address educational disruptions caused by COVID-19. Non-profit private schools are eligible to apply for funding under EANS provided that the school was in existence prior to March 13, 2020, and is not applying for or receiving a second round of the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) on or after December 27, 2020. EANS awards can be used for “secular, neutral, and non ideological” services and assistance, including sanitization, personal protective equipment, COVID testing, educational technology, and connectivity. Priority will be given to applications from private schools that enroll low-income students and are most impacted by COVID-19.
Approval Process Timeline
Additional information on the timing and process for applying for the EANs grant is forthcoming.
- USDOE Frequently Asked Questions: Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) Program (PDF)
- Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) Webinar Recording
- Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) Webinar PowerPoint (PDF)
- Florida EANS FAQ (PDF)
- Florida EANS ClassWallet User Guide
- Service Provider Pre-Registration Form