New Worlds Scholarship Accounts
Effective July 1, 2023, the New Worlds Scholarship Accounts Program expanded eligibility to include public school students enrolled in kindergarten through grade 5 who
- have a substantial deficiency in either reading or mathematics;
- exhibit characteristics of dyslexia or dyscalculia; or
- scored below a Level 3 on the statewide, standardized English Language Arts (ELA) or Mathematics assessment in the prior school year.
What is the amount of a New Worlds Scholarship Account?
For the 2023-2024 school year, the amount of the scholarship is $500 per eligible student.
How do I apply for a New Worlds Scholarship Account?
To apply for funding, a parent must submit an application to an eligible scholarship funding organization directly.
For the 2023-24 school year, Step Up For Students will be the only Scholarship Funding Organization administering this scholarship program.
The eligible expenditures for reimbursement are:
- Instructional materials;
- Tuition and fees for part-time tutoring services. The services shall be provided by a person who holds a valid teaching certificate pursuant to s. 1012.56, F.S.; a person who holds a baccalaureate or graduate degree in the subject area; a person who holds an adjunct teaching certificate pursuant to s. 1012.57; or a person who has demonstrated a mastery of subject area knowledge pursuant to s. 1012.56(5);
- Fees for specialized summer education programs designed to improve reading, literacy, or mathematics skills; and
- Fees for after-school education programs designed to improve reading, literacy, or mathematics skills.