Accountability & Reporting
Jason Gaitanis, Assistant Deputy Commissioner
325 West Gaines Street, Room 514
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
The Office of Accountability and Policy Research is responsible for the department’s accountability processes, public reporting of accountability outcomes and other information on the web, routine aggregate reporting of department information to districts and to the federal government, and providing information for ad hoc requests from the State Board of Education, communications office, legislative and governor’s offices. The office conducts research as directed by the Commissioner and the State Board of Education for the purpose of informing education policy decisions using the data maintained by the Division of Accountability, Research, and Measurement. This office includes the Bureau of Accountability Reporting, the Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility, the Value Added Model Team, and the Business Intelligence and Interactive Reporting Team.
Bureau of Accountability Reporting
The Bureau of Accountability Reporting administers programs to provide districts and the public with teacher, school, district, and state accountability information for Florida’s PK-20 education system. The Bureau’s core programs focus on calculating and reporting school and district grades and Value-Added Model (VAM) results that describe instructional personnel and administrators' impact on student learning growth and are used in educator evaluations. The Bureau also calculates school improvement ratings for alternative schools and ESE centers, accountability ratings for schools located within programs operated by the Department of Juvenile Justice and accountability ratings for teacher preparation programs, as well as updates school placement information for Differentiated Accountability, identifies schools eligible for Florida School Recognition awards, and supports other offices in the agency to address accountability information needs.
- School Grades and Accountability Reports
- School Recognition Program
- Value-Added Model
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (School Grades) or VAM@fldoe.org (Value-Added Model)
Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility
The Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility is responsible for PK-20 education reports, longitudinal education reports, federal and legislative reporting and reporting for approved external research requests.
Business Intelligence and Interactive Reporting
The Business Intelligence (BI) and Interactive Reporting Team is responsible for online interactive reporting including the Know Your Schools Portal that provides access to Florida Report Cards and the Know Your Data Portal, a self-service interactive tool for advanced users. The goal of these interactive reports is to increase the advancement of Florida students and schools by providing access to information that will facilitate important decisions about education in Florida.
- Know Your Schools
- A one-of-a kind resource to provide parents, teachers, and administrators the ability to map and compare Florida public schools and view the Florida Report Cards, which show how the state, district and schools are doing with regard to student achievement and success, as specified by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Know Your Data (Formerly EDStats)
- The Know Your Data Portal allows users to generate advanced interactive reports that deliver information about Florida’s PK-12 and college students in a variety of formats, including charts, tables, and maps that can be customized and downloaded as an Image, Crosstab, PDF, or PowerPoint file. The goal of this Portal is to increase the advancement of Florida students and schools by providing access to information that will facilitate important decisions about education in Florida.
- E-mail: BITeam@fldoe.org