Florida Statues and Rules
- Section 1002.23, Florida Statutes – Family and School Partnership for Student Achievement Act
- Rule 6A-6.03028, Florida Administrative Code: Provision of Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) and Development of Individual Educational Plans for Students with Disabilities
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents of Students with Disabilities
- Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resources System (FDLRS) Parent Services
- Florida School District ESE Directors
- Florida School District Student Services Directors
- Office of K-12 School Choice
ESE Parent Survey
Each year, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) surveys parents of children with an individual educational plan (IEP) to determine how well your child’s school is partnering with you and promoting your involvement in your child’s education. All states must collect these data as part of their State Performance Plan, as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Your feedback is important in helping the state and local school systems continue improving educational programs for children with special needs. Thank you!
Disability History and Awareness
The first two weeks of October are Disability History and Awareness Weeks! For more information, please visit the Disability History and Awareness page.
Special Ed Connection Resource for Parents
The Florida Department of Education is proud to provide access to Special Ed Connection at no cost to families of individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in Special Education programs.To request access to this valuable resource, please contact your district representative via the Special Ed Connection Contacts.