The Information Technology Career Cluster incorporates four pathways. Network Systems; Information Support & Services; Programming & Software Development; and Interactive Media. Hundreds of Information Technology educational opportunities in a variety of trades and programs are offered throughout the state in school districts, community colleges and state universities.
Check out Florida’s Workforce Initiative, Get There for more information on career and technical education in Florida.
Program Planning Resources
Florida BTE LISTSERV
The Florida BTE LISTSERV is an e-mail-based forum intended to encourage the free interchange of ideas, best practices, and communication among business technology education stakeholders in Florida. Membership on the list is limited to Florida teachers, district supervisors and resource teachers, and community college or university faculty or administrators with a stake in business technology education.
If you wish to be added or removed to the LISTSERV, use this link to send an e-mail to Niñafe Awong.
- Florida Association for Career and Technical Education (FACTE) Conference
- Florida Business Technology Education Association (FBTEA) Meeting
- Florida Technology Student Association (TSA) State Conference
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) National Leadership Conference
- Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
- Phi Beta Lamda (PBL) State Leadership Conference
- SkillsUSA Florida State Leadership Conference
- SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference
- Technology Student Association (TSA) National Conference
Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Florida Business Professionals of America (FL-BPA)
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Florida Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda (FL-FBLA/PBL)
- Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA/PBL)
- Florida Technology Student Association (FL-TSA)
- Technology Student Association (TSA)
Teacher/ Educator Professional Organizations
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Florida Association of Career and Technical Education (FACTE)
- Florida Business Technology Education Association (FBTEA)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Southern Business Education Association (SBEA)
Instructional & Related Resources
- Certiport for links to Microsoft, Adobe, and Quickbooks Certifications
- CareerSource Florida - Career and Professional Education (CAPE)
For additional information about the Information Technology Career Cluster, contact Niñafe Awong, Interim State Supervisor for Information Technology Education, 850-245-9020.