Statutes and Rule
The following statutes contain important provisions for the implementation of the CAPE Postsecondary Industry Certification Funding List and may be accessed through http://leg.state.fl.us.
- Section 1008.44(2) - Addresses the adoption of the CAPE Postsecondary Industry Certification Funding List for school districts and Florida College System institutions.
- Section.1011.80(6)(b) - Includes language on performance funding for school district workforce education programs.
- Section.1011.81(2)(b) - Includes language on performance funding for Florida College System institutions.
The State Board of Education has an adopted rule for the implementation of the CAPE Act.
- Rule 6A-6.0576 - Industry Certification Process
- The latest version of this rule can be accessed at Florida Department of State’s web site for the Florida Administrative Code: https://flrules.org.
- Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, House Bill 1507 requires the adoption of a single CAPE Industry Certification Funding List. Rules 6A-6.0573 and 6A-6.5074 have been repealed.