The McKay Scholarship provides Florida students with disabilities a scholarship to attend a private school, or the option of choosing a public school other than the one they are zoned for. In general, a student receiving the McKay Scholarship must have attended a Florida public school for the school year prior to the scholarship.
Military Waiver of Prior Year Attendance
For active duty military personnel relocating to Florida due to permanent change of station orders, the prior year attendance and current enrollment requirements may be waived.You may submit a Military Waiver Request to apply for the McKay Scholarship if:
- your child has an active IEP or 504 accommodation plan with a duration of longer than 6 months,
- your child is at least 5 years old by September 1, and
- your family is relocating to Florida due to the permanent change of station orders of a parent or guardian, or has done so within the last 12 months.
- Complete the Military Waiver Request Form by clicking below.
- Send this office a copy of your Permanent Change of Station Orders. You may email it as an attachment to email@example.com, or fax it to us at 850-245-0875.
- Fax or mail a copy of your child’s most recent IEP or 504 accommodation plan to the school district where you will be living.
Questions? Call our Information Hotline at 1-800-447-1636 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.