ICYMI: Governor DeSantis Speaks at State Board of Education Meeting
June 10, 2021
Governor’s Press Office
VIDEO RELEASE: Governor DeSantis Speaks at State Board of Education Meeting
Jacksonville, Fla. – Today, Governor DeSantis delivered remarks to the State Board of Education to discuss the importance of maintaining the integrity of Florida’s academic standards by keeping Critical Race Theory out of the classroom.
To view his full remarks, as well as those of some of the Floridians who spoke, click here.
These speakers supported the rule proposed by the State Board of Education that takes the following actions:
- Teaches students how to think, not what to think;
- Fosters an environment where students can think critically and for themselves;
- Protects students from being influenced or indoctrinated to think a certain way;
- Ensures students can receive classroom instruction that is factual and objective;
- Helps guarantee that teachers serve as facilitators of classroom discussion without making students feel pressured to think a certain way; and
- Provides a well-rounded, world-class education that exposes students to multiple viewpoints and perspectives on a litany of topics.
Any of the videos included in this release may be shared and used in reporting. Videos are available for download and use courtesy of the Office of Governor Ron DeSantis.Read More News...