Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2013-2014 Staff Experience
- The experience elements are to be reported only for instructional personnel and instructional administrators excluding on-call
substitute teachers. Submit this format during reporting periods 2 and 3.
- Each type of professional experience of the staff member should be submitted. In the case of instructional administrators who
previously held instructional positions, all experience in instructional positions should be reported. The eight experience types
are not mutually exclusive. Each year of professional experience should be reported in as many of the experience categories as are
- An EXPERIENCE LENGTH of "00" indicates that the employee is in the first year for the indicated Experience Type. One year is
added for each year of professional experience during which the staff member was employed more than one-half the number of days
required for the normal contractual period of service for the position held. A teacher in his/her first year of teaching would have
an Experience Length of "00" for Experience Types C, D and F.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the
state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record
must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Item No. From-To Size Field Char. Field Description 1 1-2 2 N/R District Number * 2 3-12 10 A/N/L Social Security Number * 3 13-13 1 N Survey Period Code * 4 14-17 4 N Fiscal Year * 5 18-18 1 A Experience Type * 6 19-20 2 N Experience Length 7 21-21 1 A Transaction Code 8 22-48 27 A/N Filler 9 49-62 14 A/N Florida Education Identifier 10 63-72 10 A/N/L Staff Number Identifier, Local 11 73-80 8 A/N Filler/Error Codes
Last Updated: 7/1/2013