Staff Payroll Information
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2013-2014 Staff Payroll Information
- This type of record must be submitted for all employees during reporting periods 2 and 3. Contracted
employees must be submitted as well although they are not part of a district’s payroll system. The majority of employees in
a district will only have one STAFF PAYROLL record per submission. However, for those individuals who have two primary jobs, e.g.,
bus driver and cafeteria worker, one record should be submitted for each job. An individual who holds a contract as a teacher and
teaches different subjects is not viewed as having two primary job codes. Other examples of individuals holding two primary jobs
could include the following: high school teacher/adult night school teacher; bus driver/teacher aide, maintenance worker/security
- JOB CODE FUND SOURCE: This element should identify up to three fund sources from which the employee is paid at the time of the
survey for the primary job reported.
- SCHOOL NUMBER: Report the school number which indicates the primary school to which this individual is assigned for the
reported job code. This may or may not match the school number reported on the employee's demographic information record.
- DUTY DAYS: Report the standard number of days per year an employee in this job is scheduled to work. For example, if a teacher
is hired one week after the school year begins, report the standard duty days (196) for that job.
- JOB CODE, PRIMARY: See Appendix E, (JOB CODE ASSIGNMENTS), in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume II - Automated
Staff Information System for Job Codes.
- ADDRESS, MAILING: Submit for all employees whose position classification defines them as either administrative or instructional
personnel (lines 1-43 of the Public Schools Staff Survey - EEO-5). These include superintendents, assistant superintendents,
directors/supervisors of instruction, principals, assistant principals, teachers, librarians/media specialists, guidance
counselors, other professional instructional staff, and other personnel occupying similar positions to those listed here.
- SALARY, ANNUAL: This is the expected salary of an employee reported in annual terms.
- SALARY ADJUSTMENT/TYPE: Report this amount for all employees who received a salary adjustment from the prior school year that
is now part of their base salary. This amount should have been included in the Salary Adjustment/Type.
- ERROR CODES : This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during
the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 13. If a key field needs to be changed, the
record must be deleted and resubmitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Item No. From-To Size Field Char. Field Description 1 1-2 2 N/R District Number * 2 3-12 10 A/N/L Social Security Number * 3 13-13 1 N Survey Period Code * 4 14-17 4 N Fiscal Year * 5 18-21 4 N/R School Number, Primary/Home 6 22-26 5 N Job Code, Primary * 7 27-29 3 N/R Job Code FTE 8 30-41 12 A/N Job Code Fund Source 9 42-55 14 A Filler 10 56-58 3 N/R Duty Days 11 59-61 3 N/R Employment Length 12 62-62 1 A Employment Status Code 13 63-64 2 A Employee Type* 14 65-66 2 A Contract Status 15 67-67 1 N Salary Schedule Pay Type 16 68-69 2 N/R Salary Schedule Step 17 70-70 1 A Transaction Code 18 71-134 64 A/N Address, Mailing 19 135-135 1 A/N Filler 20 136-144 9 A/N Salary, Annual 21 145-184 40 A/N/L Salary Adjustment/Type 22 185-208 24 A/N Filler 23 209-222 14 A/N Florida Education Identifier 24 223-232 10 A/N/L Staff Number Identifier, Local 25 233-240 8 A/N Filler/Error Codes
Last Updated: 1/2/2014