21st Century Community Learning Centers
21st Century Community Learning Centers
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Ive Vintimilla, Director
Program Specialist 850-245-3266
About UsThe 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) initiative is a key component of the No Child Left Behind Act. Authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the specific purposes of the federal law are to:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet state and local student academic achievement standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and mathematics.
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, art, music, and recreation programs, technology education programs and character education programs, that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students.
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
2014-2015 Request for Proposal (RFP)New! In order to provide applicants with better service, we have made the decision to discontinue the use of the electronic application system for this year's competitive process.
- The Intent to Apply deadline has been extended to July 25, 2014; however, submission of an Intent to Apply is no longer a required prerequisite to the submission of an application.
- Character limits used in the online system will be replaced with a 35-page limit for the grant narrative. This does not include any of the attachments.
- The 35-page grant narrative must be completed in accordance with the RFP criteria. All other files should be attached as appendices as indicated in the RFP.
- Please use one (1) inch margins, 11 point Arial font, and double line spacing (with the exception of tables).
- All of the forms needed to complete the application are now located on the website http://21stcclc.flchild.com under the RFP tab.
- The original signed application, plus three complete copies must be mailed (or hand delivered) to the Office of Grants Management, Room 344, 325 West Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399, by August 8, 2014, no later than close of business (5:00 p.m.) No late applications will be accepted.
- 2014-2015 Request for Proposal (RFP) (PDF, 409KB)
- 2014-2015 Required Forms
- 2014-2015 Intent to Apply
- 2013-2014 DA Schools List
Please email all questions pertaining to the RFP to .
2014-2015 Request for Proposal (RFP) WorkshopsThe in-person RFP workshops have already been conducted. If you were unable to attend, you may view the recorded webinar here. It is available to view until July 25, 2014.
Please Note: If you are receiving an error message and are unable to watch the recorded Workshop, please go to https://www4.gotomeeting.com/codec?Portal=www.gotomeeting.com to install the GoToMeeting Video Codec.
Certificates of attendance for the both the in-person and live webinars will be emailed out by July 1, 2014. If you view the recorded webinar, certificates of attendance will be emailed within 1 week after you view the webinar.
If you have any questions or need further information about the webinar, please email .
2014-2015 Request for Application (RFA) (For continuing grants only.)
- 2014-2015 Request for Application (PDF, 361KB)
- 2014-2015 Request for Application Addendum (PDF, 133KB)
- 2014 Florida Afterschool Conference & Educational Strategies and Student Engagement Institute
21st CCLC Reporting Outcomes
- Mid-Year Data Collection Submission Documentation Due January 28, 2014
- Mid-Year Data Collection and Formative Evaluation Report Due February 28, 2014
- End-of-Year Data Collection Submission Documentation Due July 31, 2014
- Year-End Data Collection and Summative Evaluation Report for Program Implementation Due August 31, 2014
- Profile and Performance Information Collection System (PPICS)