Fingerprint Processing Instructions
OverviewReview Submitting Fingerprints for Certification; then determine the category under which you should proceed for fingerprint processing.
- Employees of Public Schools - processed directly by school district employer
- Employees of Nonpublic Schools
- Individuals Not Seeking Florida Employment
For category 1 above: You should contact your school district employer and follow the district's instructions.
For categories 2 and 3 above: You should only have fingerprints processed if you satisfy one of the following eligibility scenarios:
- You are a United States citizen, and you are eligible for issuance of a Florida Professional Educator's Certificate as evidenced by your valid Statement of Status of Eligibility (SOE) from the Bureau of Educator Certification (BEC).
- You are eligible for issuance of a Florida Athletic Coaching Certificate as evidenced by your valid SOE from the BEC.
- You are eligible for issuance of a Florida Educator's Certificate as evidenced by your valid SOE, and you are employed by a private school with a Florida state-approved Professional Education Competence (PEC) program. Consult with your employer to determine approval status for the PEC program.
Please note: If an individual chooses to have his/her fingerprints processed prior to Florida employment for issuance of the Professional Certificate, it may be necessary to have the fingerprints re-processed, and the individual may have to pay a second processing fee as a condition of employment in a Florida public school.
Live Capture (Livescan) Fingerprint ProcessingRegister with a qualified Livescan Service Provider approved by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). Review the FDLE listing to locate possible options available in your area. There are numerous service providers within the state of Florida. Each of these service providers is required to register and certify their devices with FDLE before submitting electronic criminal history record check requests on behalf of an agency. Note: Non-public school employees should consult with their employers for their recommended Livescan Service Providers and/or locations.
Fingerprint Processing Steps:
- Go to http://www.fdle.state.fl.us and select Criminal History Records under Search Our Systems.
- Click on the Livescan Service Provider link at the top of the page.
- Register with an approved fingerprint processing provider to have the fingerprint results submitted directly to BEC. (See Specific BEC Fingerprint Requirements below.)
- Pay nonrefundable fee for processing your fingerprint-based criminal history background check.
- Payment must be made directly to the selected Livescan Service Provider.
- Do NOT submit payment for fingerprint processing to the BEC.
Specific BEC Fingerprint Requirements
- BEC authorized under §1012.56, Florida Statutes
- ORI = FL921620Z DOE/TEACHER/CERTIFICATION
- Originating Agency Case # (OCA) = Florida DOE #
- Social Security Number (SOC) Mandatory for BEC
- Date of Birth (DOB) must match BEC records
- Poor quality may be rejected and delay processing
BEC Contact Information
Phone: 800-445-6739 (inside U.S.) or 850-245-5049 (outside U.S.)
Hours or Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (EST)