Career And Technical Education Student Course Schedule
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2013-2014 Career and Technical Education Student Course Schedule
- Submit a separate record in reporting period 5 for each Career and Technical Education (CTE) and applicable Career and Technical
Education exceptional education course in which the student was in membership during the current school year and the associated summer
session(s) for the current school year. Also submit a record for any Industry Certification Identifier and Industry Certification
Outcome being reported that are not linked to a career and technical education course being reported, including those linked to a
career-themed course. Include dual enrollment courses if the student took an industry certification or technical skill assessment
listed in Appendix Z that is related to the dual enrollment course. Report prior year courses if the student was in membership during
the current school year and took an industry certification or technical skill assessment that is related to the prior year course and
for which the student has no related current year course.
- SCHOOL YEAR: Report both the school year in which the course was taken and the school year of record submission. The school years
will be the same for most records. The school year will be different when reporting students who took or attempted an industry
certification or technical skill attainment assessment in a year subsequent to the school year in which the student took the
- INDUSTRY CERTIFICATION IDENTIFIER: Report the Industry Certification Identifier from Appendix Z for students who took or attempted
an industry certification or technical skill attainment assessment the current school year in the reporting district in an area that
applies to the course in which the student participated. If none of these are applicable, submit all Z's in this field.
- COURSE NUMBER: Report the career and technical education course number, the career-themed course number or basic course number, as
appropriate. To report an Industry Certification Identifier and Industry Certification Outcome, report the career and technical
education course number, career-themed course number or basic course number in which the certification was attempted/earned. If the
course is not a career and technical education course report all zeros for the program number and no matching teacher course record is
- CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL ACADEMY IDENTIFIER: Report the CAPE academy associated with the Industry Certification Identifier(s)
reported. If there is no CAPE academy associated with the reported Industry Certification(s) or if no Industry Certifications are being
reported, report ZZZ in this field.
- CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION/ADULT GENERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM CODE: Report the CTE/AGE Program Code for the CTE course number as
listed in the Career and Technical Education/Adult General Education Program Edit file (F61730). If the course is not a career
education course report all zeros for the program code and no matching teacher course record is required.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. If a key field needs to be changed, the
record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add. For item number 8, Course Number, the range of valid values may be found in
Secondary Career and Technical Education Data Base Handbook: Appendix D.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state
edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
Last Updated: 7/1/2013