To register or to obtain specific information, visit www.fl.nesinc.com or call FTCE/FELE Customer Service toll-free at 866-613-3281 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Mon.– Fri., excluding holidays. (The Automated Information System is available by phone 24 hours daily.)
You must wait 31 calendar days before retaking a failed test; otherwise, your second score will be invalidated. (Please note that examinees must also wait 31 calendar days before participating in a score verification session.)
To retake a test or subtest, you must submit a new registration and pay the retake fee.
The following guidelines apply to examinees retaking a test or subtest:
- For the FELE and the General Knowledge Test, you need to retake only the subtests that you did not pass.
- If you are taking the Elementary Education K–6 examination for the first time, you must register for the full test (all four subtests). After your first attempt, you may register to take any combination of subtests in one test session. You must pass all four subtests in order to pass the test.
- Examinees who took the FELE prior to January 2014 and passed only one or two of the three subtests will be required to take and pass the revised FELE in its entirety.
- German K–12 and Speech 6–12 have two sections; you need to retake only the section that you did not pass.
- For any other test that you do not pass, you must retake the entire test.
No extra testing time is given to examinees who are retaking a test or subtest.
For information on retake fees, please review Fees and Payment Information.