Hospital Homebound (HH)
DefinitionA homebound or hospitalized student is a student who has a medically diagnosed physical or psychiatric condition which is acute or catastrophic in nature, or a chronic illness, or a repeated intermittent illness due to a persisting medical problem and that confines the student to home or hospital, and restricts activities for an extended period of time. The corresponding definition is found in State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.03020, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
State Laws and Regulations
The rules referenced below are specific to H/H. Please refer to Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rules (Red book) - Hyperlinked Index (PDF) for a complete listing of laws and regulations applicable to exceptional student education.
- District Standard Agreement for Homebound or Hospitalized Students (PDF)
- 6A-6.03020, F.A.C., Specially Designed Instruction for Students Who Are Homebound or Hospitalized
- Section 1003.01(3)(a), Florida Statutes
Department of Education Resources
- Working in Hospital and Homebound Settings: A Guide for Educators, Department of Education, 2008, ESE 312907. For a copy of the above publication contact the BEESS Resource and Information Center (BRIC) at BRIC@fldoe.org or 850-245-0477.
- Hospital/Homebound Policy and Procedures Manual (PDF)