MissionThe mission of Florida's K-20 education system is to increase the proficiency of all students within one seamless efficient system, by allowing them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills through learning opportunities and research valued by students, parents and communities.
VisionFlorida will have an efficient world-class education system that engages and prepares all students to be globally competitive for college and careers.
- Higher Student Achievement
- Seamless Articulation and Maximum Access
- Skilled Workforce and Economic Development
- Quality Efficient Services
To Learn More
- Florida's State Board of Education Strategic Plan - Approved October 2012 (PDF, 395KB)
- Section 1008.31, Florida Statutes, establishes the mission and goals of Florida's education system.
- Letter from Commissioner Pam Stewart to Superintendents (PDF)
- Strategic Plan Question and Answers (PDF, 106KB)
- Statement from State Board of Education Chairman Gary Chartrand On Florida's Strategic Plan
- Response from The Education Trust to News Coverage of Florida Board of Education
- Florida's Education System Gets a New Roadmap
- A race towards better education - There is nothing discriminatory about Florida's new educational reform program