Social Media Disclaimer
The Florida Department of Education is proud to be reaching out to Floridians and citizens throughout the United States via social media outlets, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and forums. Our hope is that these additional platforms will serve as another point-of-access to the Department. The Department offers these social media accounts as resources for teachers, students, parents and all Floridians. Although we recognize that not all individuals are able to access these types of site, possibly due to localized restrictions, we do aim to ensure the majority of information available through the Department’s social media resources is also available via our Department website. In addition, all Department social media sites are available to all users 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Commenting on DOE Social NetworksDOE encourages comments and conversations via its social network channels. However, all sites are monitored on a continuous basis for comments deemed inappropriate. These posts may be removed. Please keep the following in mind when commenting on the sites:
- Comments should not be obscene in nature or serve as an attack against any person or group.
- Comments should not promote illegal activity or violate copyright law. The Department is not responsible for copyright infringement posted by an outside party.
- Comments should not promote or oppose any person or party, or promote services or companies.
- All comments should relate directly to the topic of the site.
- While discussions are encouraged, please contact with complaints or questions in order to ensure timely resolution.
- All comments and postings are subject to Florida’s broad public records laws.
- All posts are subject to the Terms of Service of the host site. For more information, consult the host website's Terms of Service.
- The Department does not guarantee content on any externally linked site. Links and mentions are not endorsements.
- This policy may be amended or modified at any time.