SLDS Program Initiatives
|RTTT Data Assurance Lead & LIIS/LSE Project Manager||850-245-0437|
SLDS FY09 Grant (Round 3)The purpose of SLDS FY09 grant is to:
- Establish data governance in accordance with the Data Governance Institute's definition such that it is "a system of decision rights and accountabilities for information-related processes, executed according to agreed-upon models which describe who can take what actions with what information, and when, under what circumstances, using what methods."
- Implementing a Metadata Management Tool to maintain metadata for systems and track data managed by data governance processes
- Establish data staging for researchers (aka the "Sandbox") that provides approved data to researchers in a secure environment
- Implement an automated approval process to receive and review data requests from researchers
For additional information on the specific outcomes, please refer to the page on the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) Round 3 Grant.
SLDS FY09 ARRA Grant (Round 4)The purpose of SLDS FY09 ARRA grant is to:
- Modernize PK-12, Florida Colleges, and Workforce Education source data systems as part of EDW 2.0
- Establish a Statewide Unique Identifier for Students and Staff in source data systems that is unique across the state and across time and may be used as a component in the Teacher Student Data Link project
- Implement report building tool(s) allowing stakeholders to:
- Access data and produce reports in a web environment
- Access data with minimal or no requirement for technical assistance
- Implement data mining tool(s) to assist the FLDOE (internal only) in applying business analytics to data to identify best practices and problem areas quicker and more accurately
For additional information on the specific outcomes, please refer to the page on the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) Round 4 Grant.
Race to the Top, Assurance Area C: Data Systems to Support InstructionRTTT Assurance Area C includes five state-level projects that are part of the SLDS Program:
- Creation of a centralized, user-friendly portal for access to educational data and applications
- Single Sign-On access to the portal that uses one username and password to access state data and the following applications via one
- CPALMS - Statewide Content Standards Database and Instructional Resource Tool
- eIPEP - Educator Preparation Institution Data Collection Tool
- FACTS.org - College and Career Advising Tool
- FloridaSchoolLeaders.org - Leadership Development Tool
- Interim Assessment Item Bank and Test Platform
- PMRN - Interim Assessment System for Reading
- Dashboards, customizable reports, and data downloads accessible via the portal that provide views to specific data for authorized users, as well as provide views to aggregate data
- District development of local instructional improvement systems (LIIS), which include:
- A local systems exchange (LSE) to allow district collaboration
- Minimum standards for each district LIIS
- Funding to support LIIS development for small and rural school districts
- A research agenda for prioritizing use of Florida's educational data
- Creating dashboards and pre-defined and customizable reports that provide views to specific data for authorized users, as well as provide views to aggregate data
- Establishing local instructional improvement systems (LIIS) and a
local systems exchange (LSE)
- LIIS Minimum Standards (published 1/31/2011)
- LSE - Collaboration site for districts, charter schools, and consortia (operational as of 6/30/2011)
- Additional financial support in the amount of $5 million to small or rural districts for their LIIS implementations
- Providing a standardized data format for LEAs to incorporate state data in their LIIS
- Establishing a formal research agenda revising the data request process (published 7/1/2011) and reviewing the agenda annually for continuous process improvement
Please see the page on Race to the Top Local Instructional Improvement Systems for more specific information and access to the documents referenced above.
Please refer to the page on the SSO Implementation Committee for committee members and purpose.