Dropout Prevention Program Data
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2012-2013 Dropout Prevention Program Data
- Submit a separate format in survey period 5, by school, for each program in which the student was enrolled for any length of
- TERM: To show the student participated in a dropout prevention program during the regular school year, use code 3 (annual). To
indicate summer or intersession (for year round schools) participation, use code S (Combined Summer Sessions). If the student
participated in dropout prevention programs during the regular school year and summer school/intersessions, send separate records
- SCHOOL NUMBER, CURRENT ENROLLMENT and SCHOOL NUMBER CURRENT INSTRUCTION/SERVICE: Use code 9994 for private school students
served with Fund Source D (Title I, Part D, Neglected and Delinquent) funds or Title I, Part A, Neglected set-aside funds.
NOTE: This is the only format where code 9994 is applied. When reporting private Neglected or Delinquent school data on other formats use N999 as the School Number, Current Enrollment.
- DROPOUT PREVENTION LENGTH OF PRESCRIBED PROGRAM: The length in school days of the prescribed dropout prevention program must be
greater than zero and less than 181. However, non-adjudicated delinquent students participating in Department of Juvenile Justice
(DJJ)programs and students in Non-School Institutions for Neglected or Delinquent Students may have a prescribed program length of
zero. The length of the prescribed dropout prevention program is the number of days the student is expected to participate in order
to benefit substantially.
- DROPOUT PREVENTION LENGTH OF PROGRAM PARTICIPATION: The length in school days of the student's actual participation
(attendance) in the dropout prevention program being reported. The length of program participation must be greater than zero and
less than or equal to 250.
- DROPOUT PREVENTION ENROLLMENT DATE: The date the student was first enrolled in each dropout prevention program in which he/she
participated within each school. If the student was enrolled in more than one program, report the enrollment date for each program
within each school. For students in non-school institutions for neglected or delinquent students report the student’s date of entry
into the non-school institution.
- DROPOUT PREVENTION WITHDRAWAL DATE: The last date the student was officially withdrawn or dismissed from each dropout
prevention program within each school. For a student enrolled in multiple programs, report the withdrawal date for each program.
For students in non-school institutions for neglected or delinquent students report the student’s date of exit from the non-school
- PRETEST OUTCOMES AND PROGRESS LEVELS: These elements, for both reading and math, should be reported for students in
institutions for neglected or delinquent students and for students in at risk programs. For students in DJJ schools, Pretest
Outcomes and Progress Levels are NOT reported. Code "Z" may be used for students who were at the institution fewer than 90
consecutive calendar days.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the
state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 3-5, 7, 12, 13, and 14.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 6/1/2012