End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
EOC assessments are computer-based, criterion-referenced assessments that measure the Florida Standards (FS) or the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) for specific courses, as outlined in their course descriptions. In 2011, Algebra 1 (NGSSS) was the first course to undergo the implementation of a statewide EOC assessment. Over the next few years, it was followed by Biology 1, Geometry, U.S. History, and Civics, all of which are aligned to the NGSSS.
Beginning in 2014-15, assessments aligned to the Florida Standards replaced assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in mathematics and English language arts (formerly reading and writing). The NGSSS Algebra 1 and Geometry assessments were replaced by Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in these subjects. The NGSSS Algebra 1 Retake EOC will be administered through summer 2017 for the cohort of students who initially took the NGSSS course and have yet to pass the EOC assessment. All students completing applicable Algebra 1 or Geometry courses in 2014-15 and beyond will take the FSA End-of-Course Assessment.
The science and social studies NGSSS-aligned EOC assessments – Biology 1, Civics, and U.S. History – will continue to be administered for students completing applicable courses.
About the Assessments
- 2015-16 FSA Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry EOC Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2015-16 NGSSS EOC Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Transition to Next Generation and Computer-Based Tests in Florida (2011-2014) (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing Transition Schedule (2015-18) (PDF)
- Understanding Florida EOC Assessment Reports, Spring 2015 (PDF)
What's on the AssessmentsTo learn more about the content of the EOC assessments, individuals may review the standards for the subject area (NGSSS or FS), the description of the course for which the EOC assessment is required, and the test item specifications. The standards and course descriptions specify the expectations for student learning in Florida and provide the basis for the content that will be measured on each Florida EOC assessment. The test item specifications provide information regarding the content and format of the assessments.
- Content Focus Reports
- Course Descriptions:
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Florida Standards
- Test Item Specifications
Taking the Assessments
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- Biology 1 Periodic Table of the Elements (PDF)
Computer-Based Practice Tests (ePATs) for NGSSS
EOC Assessments: Online practice tests (ePATs) are currently available for the following EOC assessments:
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
- Civics EOC Assessment
- Algebra 1 EOC Assessment Retake
- Regular Print Paper-Based Sample Questions for NGSSS EOC Assessments: Sample questions are available to allow students who will use the regular print paper-based accommodation to become familiar with the types of items and response formats they will see on the paper-based form of the test. Correct answers to the sample questions (PDF) are available for teachers and for students.
- FSA Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry Practice Tests (Computer-Based and Paper-Based)
- Interactive Reporting
- NGSSS Achievement Levels (PDF)
- NGSSS Achievement Level Descriptions
- FSA Achievement Levels
- FSA Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
Publications and Resources
- Archived Publications
- Cognitive Complexity Classification (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2012-2013) (PDF, 84KB)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Information for Private Schools
- Standard Setting