End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
EOC assessments are computer-based, criterion-referenced assessments that measure the Florida Standards (FS) or the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) for specific courses, as outlined in their course descriptions. In 2011, Algebra 1 (NGSSS) was the first course to undergo the implementation of a statewide EOC assessment. Over the next few years, it was followed by Biology 1, Geometry, U.S. History, and Civics, all of which are aligned to the NGSSS.
Beginning in 2014-15, assessments aligned to the Florida Standards replaced assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in mathematics and English language arts (formerly reading and writing). The NGSSS Algebra 1 and Geometry assessments were replaced by Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in these subjects. The NGSSS Algebra 1 Retake EOC was administered for the final time in Summer 2017. All students completing applicable Algebra 1 or Geometry courses in 2014-15 and beyond will take the FSA End-of-Course Assessment.
The science and social studies NGSSS-aligned EOC assessments (Biology 1, Civics, and U.S. History) will continue to be administered for students completing applicable courses.
About the Assessments
- NGSSS Test Design Summary (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Test Format by Year for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- Understanding FSA Reports, 2019 (PDF)
- Understanding NGSSS Science and EOC Reports, Spring 2019 (PDF)
What's on the Assessments
To learn more about the content of the EOC assessments, individuals may review the standards for the subject area (NGSSS or FS), the description of the course for which the EOC assessment is required, and the test item specifications. EOC assessments measure student achievement of Florida's standards as outlined in course descriptions. The standards and course descriptions specify the expectations for student learning in Florida and provide the basis for the content that will be measured on each Florida EOC assessment. The test item specifications provide information regarding the content and format of the assessments.
- Content Focus Reports
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Florida Standards
- Test Item Specifications
Taking the Assessments
- Biology 1 Periodic Table of the Elements (PDF)
Computer-Based Practice Tests for NGSSS EOC Assessments: Online practice tests are currently available for the following EOC assessments:
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
- Civics EOC Assessment
- Regular Print Paper-Based Sample Questions for NGSSS EOC Assessments: Sample questions are available to allow students who will use the regular print paper-based accommodation to become familiar with the types of items and response formats they will see on the paper-based form of the test. Correct answers to the sample questions (PDF) are available for teachers and for students.
- FSA Algebra 1 and Geometry Practice Tests (Computer-Based and Paper-Based)
- Interactive Reporting
- NGSSS Achievement Levels (PDF)
- NGSSS Achievement Level Descriptions
- FSA Achievement Levels (PDF)
- FSA Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
- Reporting Category Results
- FSA and NGSSS Results: Guidance for Districts and Schools on Data Analysis (PDF)
Publications and Resources
- Statewide Assessment Program Information Guide (PDF)
- Archived Publications
- Cognitive Complexity Classification (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- UEB Transition for Standards-Based Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2017-2018) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Private School Opportunities for Statewide Assessments
- Standard Setting