Transcript & Diploma Requests
The Florida Department of Education holds the official records for the High School Equivalency Diploma Program. Diploma and transcript services are provided by Parchment/GED Testing Service on behalf of the Florida Department of Education. For additional information beyond what is presented on this page, review Florida’s GED CredentialingTM Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) and/or the Parchment/GED Testing Service Help Center.
How do I get my initial transcript and diploma after passing the GED® tests?
Electronic Diploma and Transcript
The free electronic diploma and transcript download links will be e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with your GED® account once you have passed all GED® test subjects and earned your diploma.
- Links are only available for a limited time, so be sure to download and save your electronic documents right away.
- Follow the instructions provided in the e-mail. These PDF documents are very valuable since they can be forwarded to employers and colleges that accept electronic credentials.
- The PDF documents are verified by GED Testing Service/Parchment each time they are opened using Blue Ribbon Security. The blue ribbon symbol displayed in the PDF is assurance that the digital credential is valid, the document is authentic, and the contents of the credential have not been altered.
- Step-by-step instructions are found here.
The free printed diploma can be ordered in your GED® account at GED.com. After logging in, go to My Scores and select Order Duplicates. Select Diploma option and then select the Printed Diploma – Free option.
- You will then be asked who and what address you want the diploma to be mailed to.
- The free diploma link will only be available until it has been used and can only be used one time.
- Carefully follow the instructions presented during the ordering process.
How do I request a duplicate transcript and/or diploma for a college, employer or myself?
There is a $15 fee charged for each duplicate transcript or diploma ordered. You will have a choice of an electronic or printed credential. You should verify which type of credential will be accepted by your employer and/or college prior to placing your order.
If you earned your diploma in Florida after January 1, 2014, you can order duplicate credentials in your GED® account at GED.com. After logging in, go to My Scores and select Order Duplicates. Carefully follow the instructions presented during the order process.
If you earned your diploma in Florida prior to January 1, 2014, you can request your duplicate credentials here. Carefully follow the instructions presented during the ordering process.
If you have questions about your duplicate credential order, review the support page.
Duplicate diplomas and transcripts cannot be picked up in person.
How do I place an order/request a verification on behalf of a test taker (Third Party Request)?
Verifications of Florida’s High School Equivalency Diploma earned by passing the GED® tests will only be provided by ordering a credential from Parchment/GED Testing Service. The school name will be GED – Florida.
For information on how to set up and use a Parchment account for verifications visit the Parchment/GED Testing Service Help Center.
If you require the individual who earned a State of Florida High School Diploma (Florida’s High School Equivalency Diploma earned by passing the GED® tests) provide you with a copy of his/her diploma and/or transcript and you do not wish to set up an account with Parchment/GED Testing Service, you should have the individual order an electronic diploma and/or transcript be sent to you via email. The PDF document that will be provided is verified each time it is opened as long as the computer is connected to the internet using the Blue Ribbon Security feature. See Florida’s GED CredentialingTM Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) for a complete explanation of security provided with electronic credentials.
For an explanation on how to interpret the 2014 GED® SMART transcript see A Guide for Admissions Officers.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service®. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.